Could I have manic depression without the mania?

There are different. Forms of manic depression (now called bipolar disorder). You could have a less intense "up" episode called "hypomania" and never experience actual "mania".
No. By definition, there must be at least one episode of mania or hypomania for someone to have manic depression or bipolar illness. However, quite a few of the people with this illness spend more time being depressed and have their quality of life effected more by the depressive symptoms they suffer.
Just depression. Manic depression without mania is just depression, or, bipolar II disorder, where the depression phases are severe, but the hypomanic phases are not quite so severe.
Yes. Yes some patients with bipolar have little or no mania episodes and can have mostly just depression.