I am having a discharge that I can't seem to get rid of it!? I have been to the docotor in the past with problems of discharge he gave me anti bio and gels after taking all the meds with in 1 or 2 days its back, I have to wear a mini pad every day all t

The . The most common reason for bad smelling discharge in a woman in a monogamous relationship is bacterial vaginosis (bv). Bv is not a sexually transmitted disease, but is an imbalance between the "good" and "bad" bacterial that normally live in the vagina. Douching and having sex can put you at risk since both activities cause a change in the vaginal environment leading to an overgrowth of "bad" bacteria. Many women will complain of a fishy odor, increased discharge and a few may even have itching and discomfort. You should give your doctor a call to see if you have bv. The doctor can test your vaginal discharge to know for certain whether you have it or not. Bv is typically treated with a short course of antibiotics. It is not recommended that you have sex while under treatment since this could disrupt the regrowth of the "good" bacteria. If you must have sex, have your partner use a condom. If you keep having trouble with the discharge even after treatment, it can sometimes help to have your partner treated with a short course of antibiotics to eradicate any "bad" bacteria he may be transferring to you causing your bv.