Should i go to the er? Had my mirena put in after i had my daughter almost 2 years ago. Since I have had it my periods have stopped. Tonight shortly before dinner i went to the bathroom and passed a clot as long as a pen, it was white with blood on the en

In brief: The

The previous responder provided excellent information.
Based on the fact that your abdominal pain is/ was of unknown origin and that it was of such an intensity that you litterally could not stand, i would have recommended an emergency evaluation.

In brief: The

Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: Since

Since you posted your question a week ago, you have probably dealt with this problem by now.
My main concern here is that you've either lost your mirena, (levonorgestrel) or part of it (hence the "white clot"), or the iud has migrated into or through the wall of your uterus. Given the severity of your pain, it would have been reasonable to go to an urgent care center or er. An evaluation would have quickly determined if the string on your iud was still present, and further treatment could have been initiated, if necessary. I hope this issue has been addressed and you're feeling better!

In brief: Since

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine