Can I safely stop taking Zoloft (sertraline) cold turkey?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: It's safe....but
It is safe but you might experience some disconinuation sx--dizziness flu like symptoms some pts describe electric "zaps" in their heads-- probably better to wean off gradually.

In brief: It's safe....but
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Stopping Zoloft (sertraline)
Why do you want to stop it? Maybe it is helping and you feel better because you are taking it, not because you don't any longer need it.
I suggest running by the dr. Who prescribed it, when it's time to discontinue it, it is better to slowly taper off instead of stopping cold turkey. Good luck.

In brief: Stopping Zoloft (sertraline)
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
In brief: No
Zoloft (sertraline) should be tapered gradually when you stop it.

In brief: No
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni