Hi my daughter just came home from the doctor and she has bronchitis. They gave her zithro how long will she be contagious we were going to go visit my mom tomorrow and my mom has copd also i need to go stay with my mom on monday for a few days bc on work

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology

In brief: Depends

It could be viral or superinfection on top of a viral infection.
She also could be past the infectious stage if this truly is a bacterial infection. In any case, unless severely immunocompromised (people w cancer or unable to mount an immune response to infections) you should not have to worry about contagion. However its possible could more than bronchitis such as atypical pneumonia (contagious).

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Dr. Ronald Buckman

In brief: Assume yes

Even though she was started on antibiotics it is still quite possible that she has a viral infection.
If she is coughing, and especially if she has a fever, it is much safer to assume she is contagious and keep her away from people with chronic illnesses that affect the immune system. I would not put her in close contact with your mom if it can be avoided.

In brief: Assume yes

Dr. Ronald Buckman
Dr. Ronald Buckman
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: Typically

Typically she is considered contagious for 24 hours after appropriate antibiotics are started.
There is a real chance of exposing your mother. Best wishes.

In brief: Typically

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Shontae Buffington