Do I have a concussion? Yesterday I was snowboarding in winter park colorado. I was extremely intoxicated (poor choice I know) and apparently I fell and hit my head. I was unconscious for a few minutes. Ski patrol gave us a sheet of head trauma informatio

Toxic concussion. Doctors see more injuries from snowboarding accidents than from any other ski sport. That fact alone should tell you not too snowboard while intoxicated. Follow-up with your doctor, get examined and report any symptoms. A brain ct or MRI may be warranted depending on the exam and symptoms.
A. A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that involves a bad headache, altered function or alertness and possibly unconsciousness. From what you describe, it sounds as though you likely have suffered from a concussion. Reasons to seek emergency care are: -vomiting -worsening headache -confusion -loss of consciousness -slurred speech -changes in behavior such as increasing irritability or fussiness -worsening coordination such as trouble walking or clumsiness -seizures -changes in pupils such as one larger than the other -lasting or recurrent dizziness -blood or fluid coming from the nose or ears - large bumps or bruises on areas other than the forehead recovery can take days, weeks or even months for some. A good rule of thumb is when in doubt, get it checked out! For more information on concussion see the website I attached below.