Can a tooth ache cause shoulder pain and numdness in 2 of youre fingers not sure where pain is from tooth or shoulder

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: If

If you have a bad dental infection, you can get abscesses that extend into the soft tissues of your neck.
I suppose an infection that's bad enough might cause irritation of the nerve bundles in the neck that carry information from your arm and hand. If that is what's going on, it is an extremely serious and potentially life-threatening problem that needs to be evaluated right away.

In brief: If

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: If

If it did as theother post stated youd be pretty ill.
Still the nerves to your shoulder and hand are linked to the neck and referred patterns do exist best get the tooth looked at and if you are better after that then youll have your answer.

In brief: If

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint

In brief: I

I don't believe this is what you are describing.
But, i did see a patient who complained of pain in her jaw with associated pain and numbness radiating down her arm who was experiencing a heart attack. Don't know your age, your health back ground etc. It sounds however, that you have pain in the area of specific tooth and that you have numbness of a particular area. If your problem has not stopped since you submitted this question five days ago, i recommend that you be evaluated.

In brief: I

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine