Is spotting a couple hours after taking birth control pills normal? I am sexually active and we don't always use protection. I'm on my third month of the pill but have never spotted after taking it.

Spotting/breakthrough . Spotting/breakthrough bleeding is very common, especially within the first three cycles. Also if you do not take the pill around the same time everyday your chances of this spotting increases. If after the third pack you are still spotting you may need a different birth control pill with a different hormonal compostion. Please consult with your doctor to go over your options. Best of luck.