I'm over 70, and i'm seriously considering a hair transplant to cover my bald spot, but am i too old? Does age play a part in whether a hair transplant is successful? Is there a certain age group that make the best candidates or does it work well at any a

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: I

I agree, as long as you have an otherwise healthy scalp with good circulation and no growths or significant sun damage that would make the grafts not "take".
It is also important to have a good consultation to determine your options, to discuss your goals, and pricing.

In brief: I

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Hair Transplant

Hair transplantation is safe and effective at any age as long as the donor site (back of the head) has a good quality hair.

In brief: Hair Transplant

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Stephen Christensen

In brief: Age

Age is generally not a limiting factor in the success of a hair transplant.
If you have healthy hair on the sides and/or back of your scalp, you're a good candidate for a hair transplant. I hope things go well!

In brief: Age

Dr. Stephen Christensen
Dr. Stephen Christensen