Is the lifestyle lift painful? I don't like my droopy neck and am looking at having a lifestyle lift. However, I am worried that the recovery will be painful. After the procedure, will i be taking pain medication? What kind? How long do patients usually n

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: The

The level of pain after a necklift and facelift varies from person to person.
A lot depends on your pain tolerance. This type of surgery, in general, isn't very painful though I do prescribe a narcotic pain medication for my patients after surgery in case they need it.

In brief: The

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Richard Baxter
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Before

Before considering facelift surgery (brand name and heavily marketed or not) it is wise to consult more than one plastic surgeon so you can get a more complete picture of what to expect.
Facelift surgery is typically not a very painful recovery.

In brief: Before

Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Richard Baxter
Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: You

You may need a necklift or a face/necklift or soemthing more minimal such as a quicklift.
This would be determined by what you want and your exam.The majority of my patients do not require pain piulls.The recovery is very easy.I have my patients shampoo their hair the very next day.

In brief: You

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Vikram Patel