When will i be a good candidate for a lower body lift? After having gastric bypass surgery four months ago, i lost 100 pounds. I now have loose skin in my midsection that i would like to have removed through a lower body lift procedure. Am i a good candid

Dr. Robert Brueck
Surgery - Plastics

Yes you are a good candidate assuming your overall medical condition is good.
But as long as you are still losing weight i would wait till your weight has stabilized.That's when i would consider doing the surgery.Congratulations on your taking charge of your life.

Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Robert Brueck
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Congratulations

Congratulations on your massive weight loss.
After bariatric surgery, the currently recommended waiting period before having a lower body lift, or other body contouring procedures, is one year. This allows your body to adjust to it's new physiology. At a year your weight will be more stable, and your GI tract will be better adapted to absorbing the nutrients needed to heal after surgery. Waiting one year will decrease the risk of complications and aesthetically improve your results. It is not too early to see a board certified plastic surgeon and explore your options. This can help you feel more comfortable when it comes time for surgery, and prepare you for an expedited recovery. More information is available online here: www.Drmele.Com/post-bariatrics.Html.

In brief: Congratulations

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Craig Harrison
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It

It is probably wise to wait for atleast a year after your gastric bypass before considering any body contouring surgery.
I would also recommend that your weight be stable before seeking consultations for corrections. Follow up regularily with your bariatric surgeon for labs and follow their advise regarding suppliments to provide proper nutrients and vitamins during this weight loss phase. Best wishes on this adventure.

In brief: It

Dr. Craig Harrison
Dr. Craig Harrison