I think im pregnat but i took a pregnancy test around 2pm and it was negative. I have all the symptoms of being pregnant plus yesterday night i had got dierhhrea and i still have it. Am i pregnant? Then my period started but its light bleeding.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: The

The symptoms of pregnancy can be pretty vague and associated with many other illnesses.
There's no way to know whether you are pregnant or not without the test. Since you just started your period, you may have taken this one a little early. You can either take another home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5- 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. A home pregnancy test is 97% accurate if taken a week or more after the missed period, so another negative test a week from now would help confirm that you are not pregnant. A blood test can tell if you are pregnant as soon as 7 days after conception and a doctor's urine pregnancy test can tell if you are pregnant around when you next period should come.

In brief: The

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham