Today is day 9 on my period. It is only when i wipe after i pee and is brown. What could this be? I am 30 y.O. And have pcos. I take metformin in hopes to help get pregnant. My periods are usually regular and last 7 days. This period was a little heavier

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This type of bleeding is a result of an anovulatory cycle (meaning you did not ovulate this month).
The uterine lining builds up and sheds in an abnormal pattern when this happens. The brown blood is usually old blood that has been "stuck" in the uterus for longer than a month, and when it finally comes out it is brown in color. Keep up with the metformin, try to lose weight, and follow up with your doctor. Best of luck.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy