Are celexa and Lexapro (escitalopram) each good for different conditions?

Celexa vs Lexapro (escitalopram) Lexapro (escitalopram) is the active metabolite of celexa. When you take celexa, your body breaks it down to lexapro (escitalopram). Celexa is much less expensive as it is generic. 20 mgs of Lexapro (escitalopram) is about the same ad 40-60 mgs of celexa.
Essentially same. Some pts tolerate and/or like one better than the other Celexa (citalopram) is cheaper but they treat the same disorders.
No. Celexaand Lexapro (escitalopram) are used for the same conditions. However, some people who cannot tolerate one because of side effects may tolerate the other.