What should I do when my drs dropped me and i can't find another one and didn't get a notice or any direction for what to do next? If your a cronical pain patient whos been dropped by my dr that i've had for the last 12 years and the only notice i recieve

Dr. Stacey Franz
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: There

There are a few possible reasons as to why your physician terminated the physician-patient relationship.
These reasons include, but are not limited to, physician leaving the practice, physician closing practice (i.e. Retiring), and non-compliance (you, the patient, not following your treatment guidelines). It is not clear from your question as to to why your physician "dropped you, " to put it in your terms. Each of these scenarios has different guidelines as to the physician's responsibilities and furthermore, such guidelines typically vary by state. My recommendation would be to contact the practice and inquire about why you were discharged and ask if they can guide you as to your options for further treatment (i.e. Can they recommend another doctor in the area.) in addition, you mentioned that you are a chronic pain patient and that typically infers that you are on chronic pain medication. You are likely aware that such medication should not be stopped abruptly as such can lead to withdrawal. Thus, all the more reason you need to contact your prior physician and inquire about guidelines as to how to proceed from here (i.e. They may suggest you contact your insurance company to assist with finding you a new physician in your plan) so you can ensure continuity with your care.

In brief: There

Dr. Stacey Franz
Dr. Stacey Franz
Dr. Marsha Davis