I have heard of the risks of long term untreated chlamydia causing other health complications, but what are they? I have heard of the risks of long term untreated chlamydia causing other health complications. Whats considered long term and what are the mo

Simple terms. Get very sick. become infertile, hard to say.
Chlamydia can invade your genital tract and attack your womb & tubes, resulting severe abdominal pain & a hospital treated infection.By attacking the tubes they can render them scarred, so an egg gets hung up half way in (tubal pregnancy=deadly) If both tubes are scarred enough you can become infertile. Timeline varies= the longer the worse the outcome.
Women . Women can have very serious complications from untreated chlamydia - the most common of which is pelvic inflammatory disease (pid). Pid is when the infection spreads into the uterus and fallopian tubes which can lead to infertility, chronic pelvic pain and an increased risk for ectopic pregnancies which can be fatal. Even though pid can be treated with antibiotics, the complications are permanent. The inflammation caused by chlamydia also increases your chance of contracting HIV if exposed to it. Men rarely have complications from chlamydia, but it can spread to the testes and cause infertility. There is also a rare syndrome caused by chlamydia called reiter's syndrome which involves inflammation and pain in the joints, urethra and eyes. For more information on chlamydia, see the website i attached below.