Weak jawline / retracted chin, is there any way to remedy or improve this without surgery? I'm 24 year old male struggling with a weak jawline and a somewhat retracted chin. This has had its impact on my everyday life, seeing how this has made me very in

Dr. Mia Skourtis
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Your

Your facial shape and bone structure are most significantly determined by your genetics.
Chances are that you can find a parent or relatives in your family who have a jawline that is very similar to yours. Testosterone enhancement would almost certainly have no effect on the appearance of your jawline and chin, especially after the facial bones have stopped growing (usually around 16 years of age in a male). There are several options available to a person who wants to enhance the strength of his jawline and chin. Injectable fillers such as juvederm and Radiesse (dermal fillers) have been mentioned by others, but any significant enhancement of your jawline using these products would likely require high volumes of the products, and multiple reinjections over time to maintain the effect. For men who have moderate deposits of fat under the chin, limited liposuction to that area may help to enhance the existing jawline, and create the illusion of a stronger jaw and chin. The most common option for enhancing a weak chin and jaw is a procedure that uses either surgical implants or your own bone and tissue to broaden the chin and jaw, and create more forward projection of the chin. These procedures are typically done as ouptatient procedures, and have excellent long term results. In some people, the entire lower jaw (mandible) is small relative to the upper jaw, and this can create chewing and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems. When this is the case, your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon to address this problem with a special type of operation that advances the jaw, improves the bite, and enhances your profile by bringing your chin into a more appropriately advanced position. I would recommend that you discuss your particular concerns and goals with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to determine what approach would be best for you. All the best, dr. Skourtis.

In brief: Your

Dr. Mia Skourtis
Dr. Mia Skourtis
Dr. Leif Rogers
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: There

There are several options available for the treatment of your situation.
Hormone replacement is not a viable option and would not improve your appearance. The least invasive technique would be to use dermal fillers such as Radiesse to build up your chin and jaw line. This is temporary and would require periodic re-treatment in order to maintain a consistent appearance. A chin implant can be placed which would achieve a permanent correction, but requires an incision and surgery. A third option is to use a permanent bone paste to build up the jaw and chin through a small puncture in the skin. This still requires some surgical techniques but is much less invasive than an implant.

In brief: There

Dr. Leif Rogers
Dr. Leif Rogers

In brief: There

There is a lot of charlatan advertising to create an artificial market for "natural testosterone enhancers".
Don't believe it. I have even heard one ad that says rich men have higher testosterone than unemployed men. Your facial structure is not a consequence of testosterone. You should consult with a couple of plastic surgeons or facial reconstruction surgeons about what options are available for you.

In brief: There

Dr. J. C. DiGiacomo
Dr. J. C. DiGiacomo
Dr. Bret Boyle