How can I prevent Adderall crash? I take Adderall daily and it really helps me focus in school. I overall really like it. The only thing is that towards the end of the day i get hit with this really bad "crash". I get really weak/dizzy, i get in to a real

In brief: I

I don't want to give the impression that I am not fully addressing your question with this response.
I do recommend that you address this with your doctor / psychiatrist as she/ he knows key information about you and how your Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is being prescribed. For instance, if you are on an immediate release form of adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) you might have less side effects if you were treated with an extended release form. What time of day you take your adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) your dosage, if you are taking fast release form of stimulants with it, if you are ingesting caffiene are all issues which need to be taken into consideration.

In brief: I

Dr. John O'Malley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Use a late dose

Many of the stimulants have "crashes" or rebounds".
The rebound process is usually less with long-acting medicine like Concerta or Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) xr. But if it occurs regularly i wold suggest an addition dose of a short-acting stimulant that lasts only 3-4 hours. It provides a much reduced crash. So a long-acting stimulant in the morning and a short-acting one in the afternoon.

In brief: Use a late dose

Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
You also might find that changing to a medication like vyvance would be better for you
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine