I have several spine chips from a car accident. I am in a lot of pain. Will this last for ever. Should I be worried had a car accident. Broke 3 ribs, my speen, my sternum, and several bone chips on my spine.....Is this serious

Sounds Serious. You really need to get expert medical attention. How long pain lasts depends upon how serious the injury is and how long it will take to heal. You really need to get this checked out thoroughly. If for no other reason than to manage your pain effectively.
By . By the description of your injuries it sounds like a serious car accident. It would be helpful to have some more information, for example what part of your spine was injured (neck (cervical), chest (thoracic), or lower back (lumbar)). Bone chips on your spine could describe numerous conditions, most of which are not serious. The bones that make up your spinal column are called the vertebrae. In the thoracic and lumbar regions, these bones have extensions off of them called the transverse and spinous processes. These are areas of the bone that muscle attach to and are vulnerable to injury. When these processes break they may be referred to as "bone chips". When these processes break there may be pain involved but generally its not a dangerous condition. On rare occasions if enough of them in a row are broken that may be a sign of instability which can be dangerous. Bone chips may also be areas of the bone that are literally torn off by the pull of strong ligaments. Again, this isn't particularly dangerous unless found in the cervical spine (neck). My suggestion would be to follow up with the orthopedic surgeon who was on call at the time of your accident and get some more information.