I recently had an eye exam and got a prescription of 2.25 for left eye and 2.5 for the right eye. I donot have trouble in reading I recently had an eye exam and got a prescription of 2.25 for left eye and 2.5 for the right eye. I donot have trouble in readi

You. You need glasses if your visual problems are interfering with your daily activities or are in some way creating a hazard to you or those around you. If you don't want to pay for prescription glasses, I suggest you visit your local pharmacy or department store (like target or wallmart); they have inexpensive reading glasses that you can buy off the shelf. Truth be told, that's what I use.
I. I agree w dr kim's answer. Please find out if your rx is + or -, then we can help you (or just ask the doctor who gave you the rx!).
There. There is not enough information in your question. Is the prescription "+" or "-"? Also, we need to know how old you are. If it is "-" (also known as myopia) then you need the glasses to see at a distance for your eye is made to see at ~14 inches. Therefor you do not need glasses to see up close. However, if you are over 40 and the prescription is "+" then the glasses were meant for reading. Since you do not have problem with reading, you are either myopic and the prescription is "-" or you lot younger than 40 and still have good ability to focus at near.