I recently had an eye exam and got a prescription of 2.25 for left eye and 2.5 for the right eye.I donot have trouble in reading i recently had an eye exam and got a prescription of 2.25 for left eye and 2.5 for the right eye.I donot have trouble in readi

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: You

You need glasses if your visual problems are interfering with your daily activities or are in some way creating a hazard to you or those around you.
If you don't want to pay for prescription glasses, i suggest you visit your local pharmacy or department store (like target or wallmart); they have inexpensive reading glasses that you can buy off the shelf. Truth be told, that's what i use.

In brief: You

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Emil Chynn
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: I

I agree w dr kim's answer. Please find out if your rx is + or -, then we can help you (or just ask the doctor who gave you the rx!).

In brief: I

Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: There

There is not enough information in your question.
Is the prescription "+" or "-" ? Also, we need to know how old you are. If it is "-" (also known as myopia) then you need the glasses to see at a distance for your eye is made to see at ~14 inches. Therefor you do not need glasses to see up close. However, if you are over 40 and the prescription is "+" then the glasses were meant for reading. Since you do not have problem with reading, you are either myopic and the prescription is "-" or you lot younger than 40 and still have good ability to focus at near.

In brief: There

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Peter Kurzweil