Something strange behind my eyes i had an eye exam in high school a long time ago. They saw something strange on the optic nerve. They took pictures and found black clumps sitting on the optic nerves behind both my eyes. They never found out what they

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: This

This could have just been congenital pigment deposition laid down prior to birth that has degenerated over time and has left what we call optic nerve drusen.
Should not have any effect on your vision, but if you are concerned, please see a glaucoma or retina specialist who should be able to give you a better idea.

In brief: This

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Emil Chynn
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: It

It could have been an optic nerve pit, or optic nerve head drusen, or a few other similar things.
I wouldn't worry about it, unless you have an academic interest. Then you could see an eye md and get a fa, which is where they inject dye into your veins and visualize the retina, optic nerve, and vessels better using a special light. But this is probably overkill, and not necessary at this point, unless you were curious, have good health insurance, and don't mind driving up the costs of medical care in the us by getting pretty much useless/unnecessary tests!:).

In brief: It

Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: An

An unusual finding of pigment on the optic nerve may also represent a melanocytoma.
This is a benign pigmented area on the optic nerve head, similar to a nevus or freckle. These have very little potential to become something worse, but there is little information to suggest that the color would fade with time.

In brief: An

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein