The affects of marijuana a while ago i came home from work, on my period, not feeling good, after taking lots of pain medication on an empty stomach. I had worked a full 10 hour shift. My marijuana card carrying friends, gave me a brownie as something t

Dr. David Cooke

In brief: You

You need to get better friends.
I'm assuming that marijuana was in the brownie, but it's not unknown for people to add other drugs to them to get a bigger high. One of the many problems with "medical marijuana" is that the strength varies greatly from plant to plant and batch to batch. Contamination of the leaves with pesticides and other chemicals is often common. Therefore, you never really know what you are getting, even if it is obtained from a dispensary. Marijuana by itself would be unlikely to kill you, but it could make you pretty sick. However, it's possible that combinations with other drugs could be quite harmful.

In brief: You

You need to get better friends.
Dr. David Cooke
Dr. David Cooke

In brief: I

I agree with the answer provided earlier. Regarding the effects of marijuana, it can be variable.
Marijuana comes from the cannabis sativa plant and alters the mind through the ingredient called thc. More common effects might be feeling tired, poorer concentration, slowed reaction times, slowed problem solving and difficulty with memory. Some people develop a dry mouth, have a rapid heart rate or may feel hungry. Thc can have some very upsetting side effects (especially if you already have psychiatric problems) and it could cause some people to feel anxious or to panic. Some people may feel paranoid or even lose touch with reality. Concentrations of thc vary depending on what part of the plant is used and you never know if thc has been mixed with another chemical. With that said, I do not know if what you experienced was due to marijuana or not.

In brief: I

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It is very common to see a completely different reaction to thc that is eaten instead of smoked.
This is due to different methods and speeds of absorption into the bloodstream. Add that to the other possibilities (i.e. Lacing and addition of pesticides) it is easy to understand your reaction.

In brief: It

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Eric Weisman