Results of estrogen incudcing herbs in pubescent teen (g) if a teenage girl (12-17) in puberty takes herbs (fenu greek, soy, saw palmetto, ect) to increase breast size, are the chances of ovarian/breast cancer high for her? If she stops taking the herbs,

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: I would not be conce

All these elements are not likely to do any good; so i would stop them. They are not known to do any harm either. There is no risk of cancer from such supplements but they are a waste of money!

In brief: I would not be conce

Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Sewa Legha
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Breast

Breast size is pre-determined by genetics.
Herbs such as the ones listed will not increase her breast size, and stopping the herbs will have not affect either way. Think about it, if the herbs actually increased breast tissue there would be no need for breast implants and women across the world will be taking supplements and saving lots of money. To answer your question, I do not believe any formal studies have been done to determine if the above herbs will increase the risk of breast or ovarian cancer. Unfortunately since these herbs are not regulated by the fda (food and drug administration) there will likely not be any formal studies any time soon. The person in question should know that her breasts are still growing and she should be patient. Also learning to love your body as it was intended to be is the key to happiness and self confidence.

In brief: Breast

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson