Can a mommy makeover get rid of stretch marks? After having two kids, my body isn't the same as it used to be. I have stretch marks on my upper thighs and all over my stomach and love handles. I would like to get a tummy tuck, but can a mommy makeover als

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibly.

Removal of stretch marks will require direct skin excision.
For example, stretch marks that are present along the lower abdominal wall may very well be removed during tummy tuck surgery. Of coarse, in person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons will be your best option for precise advice. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly. Best wishes.

In brief: Possibly.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Mommy Makeover

Remove stretch marks stretch marks can be improved various ways.
A tummy tuck may remove many of the stretch marks . Topical treatments that may minimize them include laser therapy and some medications such as retin-a. Some specialized lasers such as the diolite laser may diminish redness for some patients and possibly improve the texture of the skin and the stretch mark diameter & width.

In brief: Mommy Makeover

Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Not really

The areas treated may be improved but stretch marks are generally permanent unless excised.
Talk to your surgeon.

In brief: Not really

Talk to your surgeon.
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Brian Arslanian
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes it can

This usually consists of a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, but there are man variations.
During a tummy tuck, typically all the stretch marks below the belly button can be removed, the ones above cannot. Stretch marks on the thighs can only be removed by direct excision. Click below for my blog: http://www.arslanianplasticsurgery.com/#!The-Mommy-Makeover/c22ip/5600c7580cf256c0bf96702c

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Brian Arslanian
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Lower ab marks only

The stretch marks that are removed are the ones on the piece of skin that is being removed during the tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover. Typically, this is the zone between the incision, and the belly button.
Stretch marks that are higher up will still be there afterwards.

In brief: Lower ab marks only

Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Dr. Jayson Dupre
laser treatments can significantly reduce stretch marks. Look for fractional laser resurfacing or radio frequency skin tightening
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Partly

Stretch marks in your lower abdomen will be gone after a tummy tuck but not those on the upper abdomen, thighs or flanks.
Mommy makeover is a name given to a combination of tummy tuck and breast lift or augmentation. It helps you to get your pre pregnancy silhouette back.

In brief: Partly

Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: If

If the skin that has the stretch marks is removed, that will help.
However, once the skin is stretched there is no miracle to remove stretch marks. Retin-a and laser treatment can help reduce the stretch marks and make them less apparent. I hope that helps!

In brief: If

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Mommy Makeover

A mommy makeover is any of a series of combination plastic surgery procedures that are performed after the conclusion of childbirth.
Usually, the breast and the belly are address. If a tummy tuck is part of your mommy makeover, then the stretch marks in the skin of the mid lower abdomen are removed with the skin. Stretch marks on the sides or thighs may be smoother, but they would not be removed.

In brief: Mommy Makeover

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele