What particular type of nose job is required for correcting excessively wide nostrils? I am a 35-year-old female and my physical appearance is quite important for my career progress. I would like to have a nose job to correct wide nostrils. I am otherwise

Narrowing . Narrowing of the nasal base can be done to narrow wide nostrils. Incisions for this procedure can either be done on the outer nostril area itself to remove a wedge of tissue. Another option is to remove tissue from the nasal sill (floor of the nostril). In some instances both a wedge excision and nasal sill excision are combined. In isolation this type of procedure can be done in an office procedure room with local numbing medicine. Of course, if you want deeper anesthesia could also be provided in an operating room if you prefer. A proper nasal analysis would help give your surgeon a better idea of what method(s) of narrowing your nostrils is best for you. For some people addressing an under-projected tip can also help immensely with having a wide nose.
Excessively . Excessively wide nostrils are usually corrected with what we call weir excisions which means cutting away soem of the excess width of the nostrils.This can easily be done in the office under local assuming you are not having major nasal surgery.
Wide . Wide nostrils can encompass a number of anatomic situations and a detailed and thorough analysis of your nasal geometry is necessary to give you a specific answer. In general, however, narrowing of various portions of the nasal base width can be easily and safely accomplished with a rhinoplasty. The surgery typically lasts a couple hours and can be accomplished as an outpatient. Incisions may be totally hidden inside the nostril, or there may be a small, barely visible scar on the under side of the nose. Architectural changes to the base of the nose, the tip of the nose, the columella, the nostril sill, or the alar base may be used alone or in combination to give you the desired effect.