I have pain and swelling in my hands and wrist. I also have a positive ANA titer. The pain has increased . I draw blood and am having difficulty changing tubes. And doing compute work.

Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Swelling

Swelling in your hands and wrist are consistent with arthritis , swelling meaning redness, increase in volumen and increase in temperature locally , as well as pain .
The ANA by it self is not enough to make a diagnosis . Diferent criteria such as lengh of disease, joints that are afected, skin problems, or the involvement of other systems are requiered to make a diagnosis . You need to consult a rheumatologist and define the disease that is affecting you , to the decide on the best treatment for your symptoms.

In brief: Swelling

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: I

I agree with the rheumatological answer for general trealemtn for a positive ANA with joint symptoms specifically for the hands, fingers and wrist, a wrist splint amy help.
It may be better for blood drawing to wear a soft splint. One the is a soft thumb spica splint without any metal or plastic stays. A rigid splint may get in the way too much during a blood draw. Another options to wear a rigs splint and take it off when needed. No splint should be wore full time all the time especially if a person needs to work and it is ni the way. I always say that the splint should aid and assist not get in the wary and hinder. Do not let the splint govern what is done during the day, i.e. Don't stay out of work just because there is a recommendation to splint, find one that works or take it off to do certain things an injection in an inflammed joint after a workup and x-rays to rule out other issues may help as well for a painful swollen joint.

In brief: I

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Vicken Poochikian