Signs of preterm labor I'm 24 years old and 27 weeks pregnant. I think I'm having normal aches and pains of pregnancy, but need to make sure. Braxton hicks (5-6 a day) hip pain (constant) heaviness in abdomen and thighs (off and on for weeks now) sharp

All . All of the above symptoms you described are common at your stage of pregnancy. However, my rule of thumb for any pregnant patient is to contact your ob/gyn if you have any concerns, even the slightest. You can call your doctor's office 24/7 and there will always be someone on call to take your call. If you have any of the following signs of preterm labor present to OB triage right away: contractions that occur every 10 min. Or more frequently leakage of fluid or blood from your vagina increase in pelvic pressure intense backache cramps( like your period) best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!