Should i go to the ER or can I wait to see my md? I have a history of chronic DVT with known blockage in both thighs and take large amounts of Coumadin (12 1/2 mg daily). A couple of days ago my hands, legs and feet started to swell. Today my left calf is

In brief: See your doc soon!

The er will spend a lot of time getting up to speed on your history and be forced into redundant testing more likely.

In brief: See your doc soon!

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: By

By the date of your post almost a week has gone by.
Hopefully you improved and/or you saw a doctor. For anyone reading this post or to the author of this question, in a situation such as the above a medical evaluation is needed immediately to rule out DVT (deep vein thrombosis). The Coumadin (warfarin) may not be therapeutic (at a level where it works) which could result in another dvt. I hope you are better.

In brief: By

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

Sounds like you should bo to er asap

In brief: Dvt

Sounds like you should bo to er asap
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine