Should my husband try shrimp again? My husband loves shrimp! last summer we ate chinese, i had sweet-n- sour shrimp, he had sweet-n-sour chicken. We shared each others food, then with in 5 mins, his face swelled up bad and he had a hard time breathing!

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Your

Your husband's reaction was a dangerous one and could have been fatal.
There's no way to know whether the really severe reaction was to shrimp or some other aspect of the meal, but it would be very risky to test the allergy by trying shrimp again. The phrase "to die for" is not supposed to be taken literally.

In brief: Your

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews

In brief: If

If i read your comment correctly, your husband had allergy testing done which revealed that he is allergic to shrimp.
With that knowledge, and with a history of a severe allergic reaction, eating more shrimp gives him worse odds than playing russian roulette. I think you are wise to be concerned about your spouse's desire to eat shrimp again - consider having him read the doctor responses you receive.

In brief: If

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology