Should i go to the ER my MS symptoms seem to be getting worse I have been on steroid burst for 5 days and i lost control of my bladder, and I am having more spasams and more pain then ever thisis my 5 bout of MS in a year I am 23 years old and very scared

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Exacerbations

Exacerbations of ms do sometimes require hospitalization when outpatient care is not working.
Going to the er may be a good idea, though you might first try contacting your neurologist's office. It's possible that he/she or another physician is available by telephone to give you some advice.

In brief: Exacerbations

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: MS symptoms

Based on your symptoms, you may be able get some help without going to the ER. Perhaps a change in your steroid burst, pain treatment, and/or your MS prevention would be helpful to you.
The ER would help more if you could not walk, swallow, or had other disabling symptoms which would make it unsafe for you at home. Just a question- are you 23 or 51? Your information states both.

In brief: MS symptoms

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren

In brief: Complex

The ER is NOT the place to manage your MS.
Find a neurologist who focuses on MS. If you have had 5 relapses in a year, you need to be taking the most potent MS agent on the market, that is Tysabri, (natalizumab) and a second choice would be Gilenya. Consider visiting a clinic within the nearest medical school.

In brief: Complex

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine