Help! frequent urgent urination- went to doctor.... (30yr/f) i went to the dr. A few months ago because I have been having a frequent urgent need to urinate for about a year. It's never a large amount of urine, and sometimes it's even difficult to go. The

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: I

I can think of several explanations for your problem, including uterine fibroids, chronic urinary tract infection, and interstitial cystitis.
Blood in the urine is not normal, though it can be found in a urine sample obtained from a woman using what's called a "clean catch" (peeing into a cup). If your sample was obtained with a catheter inserted into the bladder, then blood should not be there. I would suggest that you see a urologist or a gynecologist who focuses on urinary problems. You'll probably need a pelvic ultrasound.

In brief: I

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Marsha Davis