Is it normal to have thick white/yellowish mucusin stools early in pregnancy im 5 weeks pregnant & am having thick white & yellow mucus in my bowel movements? I still have 2 weeks until my first dr appointment, is this normal or something I should be co

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Some

Some mucus in your stool can be normal since it's what your intestines make to stay lubricated.
Larger amounts of mucus - especially when paired with fever, abdominal pain, cramping and diarrhea - can signal an infection. If you are noticing a change in your bowel habits or are having any of the above symptoms, you should call your doctor. They may want to see you sooner than your scheduled appointment.

In brief: Some

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis