I'm a 19 year old firefighter, 6'4, 225 lbs, and an overall healthy guy. I don't eat fast food, drink soda, and I workout a lot. I have anxiety issues that cause panic attacks. My anxiety is over my health, so they fuel each other. I have had it for a lon

Expert Help Matters! See ur pcp 2rule out any physical problems. Then consult clinical psychologist specializing in anxiety/panic/ocd. Expert can rule out other problems that may look like or go w/ anx/panic. To get the right doc(s) & most effective treatment(s), research anx/panic: learn all u can about them & how 2treat effectively. Very helpful info: http://www.Anxietybc.Org referral 2psychiatrist 4med trial, too.
Mental health pro. If you are in peak condition, and it sounds as though you are, then after a full check up by pcp and are deemed healthy, you should meet with a mental health professional and access their expertise. Anxiety is common and can be helped. You are certainly not alone in this, and figuring out how to manage it will be a great benefit in your life. Good luck!
First . First of all, it is normal to feel your heart pounding after you run up two flights of steps. Some people will feel this in their chest, others might also feel a pounding in their head. If these feelings go away after a few seconds or a minute there is likely nothing to worry about. What might be a problem is if your heart were to start beating vigorously and fast while you were simply resting or inactive and then to continue for more than 10 minutes without stopping. Stress and anxiety can cause many symptoms in the body such as headaches, nausea, dry mouth, chest discomfort, heart racing, etc. You acknowledge that you have difficulties with stress and anxiety. It sounds like you are otherwise young and healthy as you are a firefighter and have had a normal ekg and holter monitor. I would suggest seeking out assistance from a counsellor or therapist to help you work through your anxieties and to learn some stress management techniques.
Start with sleep. Getting good sleep is critical. 7 hours per night is optimal for most people. Look up "sleep hygiene" for tips to help. After that you could try a magnesium glycinate supplement. 500mg per day is safe and will probably be effective. That helps to relaxthe smooth muscles in your blood vessels and it has a positive effect on anxiety.