My husband is having bloody diarrhea and severe pain in lower abdomen what is this he had an attack 2wks ago but we thought it was a virus but now it's back and so much worse

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: There

There are many causes for the condition you've described.
They can include infections like salmonella, chronic inflammatory conditions like ulcerative colitis, insufficient blood flow to the intestine, benign or malignant tumors, diverticulitis, and so on. The fact that it went away for two weeks and then came back would argue against an infection, but any of the other conditions i've listed could still be going on. This definitely sounds like a situation that warrants a visit to the doctor. It might even be reasonable to go to your local emergency department since this is the start of a three-day weekend and your regular doctor may not be available. I suspect your husband will need a colonoscopy and perhaps a ct scan.

In brief: There

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: There

In brief: There

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Vicken Poochikian