Breastfeeding and no period for 5 monthss my son was born in september 2011, i had the regular bleeding the first 6 weeks but after that i had nothing. This is my third child and had periods with the other while breastfeeding. It has been almost 5 months

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Many

Many women will not have a period while breastfeeding because the hormones that make milk (prolactin) will also suppress ovulation.
This is nature's way of preventing women from having too many babies too close together who, in the old days, she might have had a hard time feeding. Once your baby starts to eat more food and nurse less often and your prolactin levels fall, your period and your fertility will return.

In brief: Many

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Cindy Juster