Can teenagers get an aortic dissection? For the last few months i've been having pains all over my chest, ranging from a small stinging to a tearing/clenching pain, normally in the center of my chest. Just recently i heard about aortic dissections, and

Dr. Robert Andrews
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: It

It would be extremely unlikely for a teenager to have an aortic dissection in the absence of trauma or a connective tissue disorder like marfan or ehlers-danlos syndrome.
I think a far more likely explanation for your symptoms is gastroesophageal reflux (gerd): acid in the stomach leaking into the esophagus and burning it. Gerd is more common when you're lying down and after eating certain foods. If you've noticed your symptoms changing with position and/or diet, that's probably what's going on. I would suggest that you try one of the over-the-counter medicines for acid reflux.

In brief: It

Dr. Robert Andrews
Dr. Robert Andrews

Marfan syndrome hypertensive crisis pheochromocytoma adrenal tumor unusual and infrequent situations.

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Shontae Buffington