Panic attack? Or heart arrythmia? Hey, i was working in a hot factory a few months ago when my heart starting beating fast and i panicked and called the er.. They said that i was fine.. Then i drank a big energy drink, heart starting pounding, chest pain.

Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Panic/anxiety

From the question you certainly had an episode of anxiousness or a panic attack.
Common with such episodes is heart palpitations, and in the middle of feeling this way it may be misconstrued as an arrhythmia. The hot ambient temperature probably did not cause this, but it certainly can exacerbate the situation. Drinking a big slug of caffeine is not a good way to help just after an episode. See md.

In brief: Panic/anxiety

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. Herbert Popolow
I would also recommend you see a Psychologist with experience in treating panic attacks.

In brief: Please

Please do not perceive my comments as medical advice for your episodes of rapid heart beat.
I will provide some basic information about panic attacks as that might be of help. When a person has a panic attack, they usually feel very anxious. They may feel their heart beating harder or more rapidly. Breathing may be shallower but more rapid, sometimes with the feeling that it is hard to catch your breath. You may experience nausea or the sensation of butterflies in your stomach. If you are breathing rapidly, you could experience numbness or tingling especially near the lips. Some people feel dizzy or lightheaded. Others may feel disconnected from the world around them or they feel odd. In some cases, you might feel like you have to escape the situation. Patients having initial panic attacks might fear they are having a heart attack. Sometimes it can be hard to differentiate between an arrythmia and a panic attack.

In brief: Please

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If you think you might have an arrhythmia, it is really important that you have and ekg performed to look for any abnormal rhythms.
Did you actually go to the er or did you just speak to someone? You may want to see a cardiologist to rule out any heart problems causing your symptoms. Call your doctor and have them refer you to someone they know and trust.

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Umesh Patel