Why is small stuff floating in my urine making it cloudy? (i think its protein but im still concerned) i don't have any kidney problems but diabetes runs on my moms side of the family.

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Harmless sediment

Most common cause of cloudy urine.
Simple dip-stick urinalysis can exclude diabetes or kidney disease. Ur most likely very healthy provided u don't smoke, drink to xs, avoid recreational drugs ; keep your weight in check. Good luck.

In brief: Harmless sediment

Most common cause of cloudy urine.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: If

If you notice that your urine appears abnormal, you should have it checked by your doctor. Without a urinalysis, it's impossible to know whether it is protein, fat, white blood cells, or even crystals making your urine appear cloudy.
Even though some of the reasons for this can be harmless, others are more concerning and can even be life-threatening. Better to be safe than sorry, so get it checked out. Good luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jack Hinkle