Can't sleep any suggestions? I'm 20 and pretty healthy. This sleeping habit has recently started I can't sleep at night I normally finally fall asleep around 4am after tossing and turning all night. I have never had this issue, and I've thought about taki

Here . Here are some basic recommendations for getting good quality sleep: 1. Maintain a regular bedtime and awakening time schedule including weekends. Get up about the same time every day, regardless of what time you fell asleep. 2. Establish a regular, relaxing bedtime routine. Relaxing rituals prior to bedtime many include a warm bath or shower, aroma therapy, reading, or listening to soothing music. 3. Sleep in a room that is dark, quiet, comfortable, and cool; sleep on comfortable mattress and pillows. 4. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. Have work materials, computers, and tvs in another room. 5. Finish eating at least 2-3 hours prior to your regular bedtime. 6. Avoid caffeine within 6 hours; alcohol & smoking within 2 hours of bedtime. Avoid heavy use of alcohol. 7. Exercise regularly; finish at least a few hours before bedtime. 8. Avoid naps. 9. Go to bed only when sleepy. Lay in bed only for sleeping, not for work or watching tv. 10. Designate another time to write down problems & possible solutions in the late afternoon or early evening, not close to bedtime. 11. After 10-15 minutes of not being able to get to sleep, go to another room to read or watch tv until sleepy. Some over the counter sleep medications can lead to rebound (worse) insomnia if you take them for very long. Try good "sleep hygiene" before you reach for medications. Good luck.
Insomnia . Insomnia affects nearly everyone at some time during their lives. In most cases, sleeping problems are due to stress or significant life events and only last a short period of time. However, when insomnia "settles in, " it can interfere with your daytime functioning and quality of life. Whenever you find yourself unable to sleep, it's important to examine your "sleep hygiene." regular bedtimes, avoiding caffeine or other stimulants late in the day, limiting alcohol intake, and a variety of other measures are often sufficient to re-establish a normal sleeping pattern (see link below). Most over-the-counter sleep aids contain diphenhydramine, an antihistamine that causes drowsiness but does not improve overall sleep patterns. Therefore, such medications are generally discouraged. Melatonin, a sleep-promoting hormone produced by your pineal gland, is sometimes helpful; try taking 2 to 5 mg an hour or so before bedtime. Herbal sleeping preparations, such as valerian, skullcap, hops, and passionflower have their devotees, but there isn't much scientific support for their effectiveness. I've attached a link that provides more information about insomnia, its causes, and its treatment. If you can't seem to establish a normal sleep pattern on your own, see your doctor. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/insomnia/article_em.htm.