Alcohol and mild hepatomelagy related to obesity hello I would like to inquire about mild hepatomelagy. I was recently given an ultrasound and it showed that my liver was mildly enlarged due to being overweight. I am not a drinker but I would l like to k

Bad combination. Alcohol causes changes in the liver that look and act like the changes caused by alcohol, and has been called steatohepatitis of obesity. It can result in damage to the liver, and this damage can be increased significantly by any alcohol use, so avoiding alcohol is a good choice. These changes are reversible with weight loss, and I would encourage you to discuss diet/exercise with your doctor.
Fatty. Fatty infiltration of the liver, which can occur in obesity, is associated with a condition called NASH (non-alcoholic steatohepatitis). Nash can be a real problem for some people, ultimately resulting in liver failure or liver cancer. The fact that you have some fat in the liver does not mean that you have nash, but it is a warning sign that you should discuss with your doctor. He or she will probably recommend that you lose some weight and try to reduce your cholesterol and triglyceride levels by modifying your diet. Alcohol use can make any liver disease worse. If you are not a drinker, then having a fatty liver might be one more reason not to start drinking.