If I drank alcohol during my pregnancy, can that cause cardiomyopathy in my child?

In brief: Unlikely

Amoung the original children reported with fetal alcohol syndrome the heart issues were discribed as transient murmurs or vsd(hole between lower chambers).
A dose relatred effect was seen in the syndrome and many of these mothers succomed to etoh disease within a year. For cardiomyopathy you are more likely looking at acquired viral infections or rare inherited metabolic disorders (with other pbs).

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Alcohol

If you drink alcohol during pregnancy, not only there is risk of cardiomyopathy in your baby, but there is a risk of fetal alcohol syndrome, developmental disabilities, mental retardation risk too.
In addition, the risk for adhd is much higher.

In brief: Alcohol

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Cindy Juster