What is the prognosis for a patient with untreated hidradenitis suppurativa I am pretty sure that this is the condition that i have, though not been diagnosed by a physician. I have dealt with this condition for about 12 years now. I want to know what the

Dr. Rene Perez
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Natural history

The natural history of hidradenitis suppurativa shows that the disease, if untreated, worsens progressively.
At the end stage of the disease only surgical options may provide relief.

In brief: Natural history

Dr. Rene Perez
Dr. Rene Perez
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: Typically

Typically hidradenitis suppurativa is a chronic, recurrent condition characterized by clogged pores, boils, and cystic lesions in the armpit, groin, under the breasts, and buttock area.
If left untreated, it can lead to scarring in some cases. Please visit the link below for treatment options. I would recommend you see a dermatologist for diagnosis and to discuss possible treatment options. I hope that helps.

In brief: Typically

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward