Chest pressure and its causes? I'm been having pressure in my chest when I have to bend over to pick things up, ties my shoes, etc. I've also been experiencing swelling and tingling in my hands.

Dr. Peter Banitt
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: There

There are many reasons why you may be experiencing a pressure sensation in your chest.
Heart symptoms from a plugged artery (or angina) typically occurs with exertion and resolves with resting. The fact that these symptoms occur while bending over would be atypical for angina, but might suggest gastric reflux - or stomach acid moving up the esophagus when you bend over. Similarly the swelling and tingling in your hands could be due to many causes from heart disease to a pinched nerve. My suggestion is that you contact your primary doctor for an appointment. If these, or any other symptoms, worsen or change in any significant way, you could also go to a hospital emergency room for a further evaluation.

In brief: There

Dr. Peter Banitt
Dr. Peter Banitt
Dr. Prem Gupta
Neurology

In brief: Inflamation

You may have inflammation somewhere in the chest wall.
Palpation of chest wall by a physician may expose the inflamed area.

In brief: Inflamation

Dr. Prem Gupta
Dr. Prem Gupta