Getting your period before your scheduled period on birth control? I have been on birth control for two years now. I have been on this same birth control for a year now without any problems. I haven't missed any pills and my period has been on time. Well

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Continue

Continue to take your pills as you normally would to continue being protected against pregnancy.
Some spotting can be normal between periods, but heavy bleeding could signal a problem. You should call your doctor. They may be able to give your something to stop the cramps and bleeding. Also, after an exam and possible blood tests, they will be able to tell you if your bleeding is anything to be concerned about. Good luck!

In brief: Continue

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy