Why am i bleeding brown? I had a miscarraige this past summer. It was around may 2011. I didn't have a period for about 3 months because i was given the birth control shot. Its now 8 months since the miscarraige and I've been having brown blood non-stop.

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Are

Are you still on the Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) shot? If so, many women will have intermittent spotting and bleeding the first 6 months or so on the shot.
The brown color just means the blood is old. If you are concerned about your discharge, are having irregular periods, or any pain, itching or bad odor, give your doctor a call.

In brief: Are

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy