If a woman has been diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease, what can happen to her sexual partner as a result of this? I am a male whose sexual partner was recently diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. What is pelvic inflammatory disease? Is it

Pelvic. Pelvic inflammatory disease (pid) is a serious infection of the uterus and/or fallopian tubes most often caused by chlamydia or gonorrhea - both sexually transmitted diseases. If she was diagnosed with pid, there is a very good chance that you are infected with chlamydia, gonorrhea or both. You should see your doctor to be checked and treated as soon as possible. I have attached a website below that has really good information about pid.