Pain down the back of left leg and into my calf muscle. I am currently on workers comp.I have a work injury, its 3 herniated disc in my neck.Over the past 2 weeks I have been having pain in lower back side and pain in my left calf muscle.I woke up 2 nites

Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: You

You could have a cord compression or myelopathy but this is not very common.
This type of problem is more common with pinched nerves to the low back. Another possibility with calf pain is a blood clot in the area which should be evaluated immediately. Tell your doctor right away. After examination he may request a doppler test for further evaluation.

In brief: You

Dr. James McClurg
Dr. James McClurg
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably a sciatica

About 20 percent of patients with disc problems in their neck can have similar conditions in their back, so the most likely cause of your pain running down your leg is some degree of nerve impingement in the back.
Usually a physical exam can determine the probably cause of your leg pain. Thank you for your question.

In brief: Probably a sciatica

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman