Butt hurts when sitting down or standing up when ever i sit down in a chair or stand up in a chair my butt hurts. When ever i start walking again it stops hurting. If i place my ankle under my thigh and sit it doesn't hurt.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: It

It sounds like you are dealing with coccyx (tailbone) strain.
This happens from trauma, over use or exercises like cycling where you are sitting for prolonged periods of time. To relieve the pain while sitting use a special pillow shaped like a doughnut. Ibuprofen or advil every 6 to 8 hours with food will help with inflammation. Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used if you suffer from gastritis, stretching is also very effective. If your symptoms persist visit your doctor. Best of luck.

In brief: It

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Smith