How do I get rid of pus pockets on my tonsils? I've had pus pockets on my tonsils for 8 months now and nothing I do seems to help. I tried gargling salt water, mouth wash, nasal sprays and antibiotics, is there anything else?

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: You

You should see an ear nose and throat specialist for an exam of your tonsils and throat.
You could have a chronic infection which needs to be cultured or you might have tonsiliths. Tonsiliths (also known as tonsil stones) are bits of food that get stuck in your tonsils and covered with white mucus. It's important for you to have the right diagnosis in order to get the right treatment. Good luck!

In brief: You

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: See a doctor

Either an internist physician or otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat specialist).

In brief: See a doctor

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Andrea Brand