Why is your gallbladder white my sister just had her gall bladder removed and i ask her husband what did it look like and he just said that it was white, i ask him what that meant and he said that he didn't know.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Once

Once the gallbladder is removed from the body and no longer has a blue supply, a white color would no be unusual.
Also you have to take into consideration the amount, color, and consistency of the stones in the gallbladder, assuming that was the reason it was taken out. I hope your sister is recovering well.

In brief: Once

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Not usual

Bile is yellow green gallbladder is greenish never have seen white?

In brief: Not usual

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery